BMF Young Professionals Induction
By Dr Reuel J Khoza – Chairman of Aka Capital and Nedbank Group Limited I 22 February 2014
1. WHY WAS THE BMF ESTABLISHED
1.1 1977 Founding
Eric Mafuna, Alf Ngalaluma, Hubert Moloantoa, Windsor Shuenyane
- One string on the Bow designed to stay the Apartheid Dragon.
- Other Strings: Black Consciousness Movement; Black People’s Convention; SASO; The World Newspaper, etc.
- Apartheid: Polities of Oppression; Economics of Exclusion and Exploitation.
- Fight for Inclusion, Assimilation of Corporate Culture.
1.2 1979: Consolidated Establishing
Enter Don Mkwanazi; Sam Minyuku; Reuel Khoza
- Reflective Studied Stance: eg. Tokenism in RSA Corporations; Afrocentricity; etc
- African Business at the Cross Roads: Nature of the Apartheid Beast.
2. THE BMF IN HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE
2.1 Black Man You are on your own self-definition and taking a stance.
2.2 Black Business Management at the Cross Roads
2.3 Liaison With Political Leadership
2.4 Crafting Black Economic Empowerment
2.5 Co-Leading the African Renaissance: The African in My Dream.
3. BMF’s ROLE TODAY
- Taking Centre Stage: Socio-Politically; Economically
- Addressing the Leadership Challenge.