Given Mkhari announces Dr Reuel Khoza as his 2021 Chairman’s Conversation Guest
For Immediate Release
29 October 2021
MSG Afrika Broadcasting Group Chairman, Given Mkhari has today announced renowned businessman, scholar, farmer, classical and choral music composer, published author and philanthropist, Dr Reuel Khoza as his guest at this year’s highly anticipated Chairman’s Conversation.
Scheduled for Thursday, 25 November 2021, the Chairman Conversation addresses the widening deficiency in thought provoking conversations by the nation with itself.
Dr Khoza, who currently chairs the Public Investment Corporation Ltd (PIC) and Discovery Bank & Discovery Bank Holdings is described by Mkhari as the man who can indulge us on the path of least resistance he has undertaken – exploring each one of his gifts and curiosities within himself and ultimately becoming a world-renowned thought leader and paragon of knowledge and virtue on ethical leadership.
Recently honoured and inducted in the 2021 Thinkers 50 Hall of Fame, Dr Reuel Khoza has lived a long, fruitful and inspired life. This honour from the world's most reliable resource for identifying, ranking and sharing the leading management ideas of our age, cuts Dr Khoza above the rest. He is the first African to be honoured in this Hall of Fame, placed alongside some of the worlds most inspired and inspiring thinkers. “He is the epitome of full potential and self-actualization”, Mkhari attests.
According to Mkhari South Africa finds itself in interesting times with a citizenry that not only seeks leadership, but a restored sense of hope, psychological and spiritual healing, to charter on and shape new futures. And Khoza personifies this meaningful will to live in ways that transcend circumstance and present realities.
Now its fourth year, the annual Chairman’s Conversation is a tangible response to the discourse ‘Gap’ that has earned a reputation for being an agenda setter. The guest on the platform is often a high-profile individual who is considered a thought leader and or maverick of a particular topic of public interest.
The Chairman’s Conversation is an MSG Afrika Broadcasting property that puts the spotlight on leadership, whilst questioning a plethora of societal realities through the lens of those who leaders and visionaries are, within their respective fields of expertise. In recent Chairman’s Conversations, Mkhari has been in conversation with former president of South Africa, Thabo Mbeki and Entrepreneur, Dr Johann Rupert.
Continues Mkhari: “Dr Khoza’s resume precedes him. Some of his diverse skills and interests have earned him a litany of leadership and advisory roles as well as awards and honours”. His accolades include, but are not limited to the following:
- Farming. He is a keen farmer of avocados and macadamia nuts. His farming operation exports avocados and is rated the second largest avocado exporter from South Africa to Europe.
- When he is not farming, he has a penchant for choral and classical music orchestration and, to date, has orchestrated and recorded over 150 compositions that are captured in nine CD’s, three of which were short-listed for the South African Music Association (SAMA) Awards.
- He is a six-time published author, with literary offerings that have shaped many businesses and leadership discussion and schools of thought. He co-authored the King Codes on Corporate Governance, in both King II and King III.
- An eternal scholar, he is the former Chancellor of the University of Limpopo (2007 – 2017) and Medunsa (2007 – 2012). He is also a visiting Professor for the Rhodes University Business School, Free State Business School and Wits Business School. He has recently been appointed as the new chancellor of the University of KwaZulu-Natal. This, owing to his illustrious personal academic record.
- Holding a BA Hons in Psychology from the University of the North (now University of Limpopo), an MA in Marketing Management from Lancaster University in the United Kingdom, and Engineering Doctorate in Business Leadership from the University of Warwick in the United Kingdom, an Honoris Causa Doctorate in Law from Rhodes University, and an Honoris Causa Doctorate in Economics from the University of Free State. He is a paragon of academic excellence.
- He is a Fellow and President of the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa
- He is the former Chairman of power utility, Eskom and has chaired various boards such as Eskom Holdings, Nedbank Group, Globeleq, GlaxoSmithKline South Africa and Corobrik.
- His directorships span from Old Mutual Plc, Standard Bank Group Ltd, Liberty Group Ltd, Nampak Ltd, Sasol Oil (Pty) Ltd and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE).
For enquiries, please contact:
MSG Afrika Broadcasting (MAB) is a subsidiary of diversified investment holding company, MSG Afrika Group. MAB owns and operates Gauteng based commercial talk radio station, POWER 98.7, Limpopo based commercial and lifestyle radio station, soon to be launched Free State based commercia and lifestyle radio station, BEAT.105.2 and Eastern Cape based commercial and lifestyle radio station, Rhythm FM. MAB operated radio stations are commercially represented by another group subsidiary, MSG Group Sales.